Rwanda Baby Hat Kit
MEMO: Our recycled aluminum hat tags from Kenya are currently out of stock. We are including a free ball of Chilean yarn with each kit while the tags are unavailable. Thank you!
This KidKnits craft kit is perfect if you would like to make a hat for a baby, for a baby doll, or for other small projects that may not need so much yarn!The yarn included in this kit is from our partner, True Vineyard Ministries, and is handspun in Rwanda. The wool is 100% merino sheep's wool, which is a very high quality, soft wool. This yarn is spun on a drop spindle. Each ball of yarn is 35 yards in length, weighs between 60 and 85 grams, and is sufficient for one baby or toddler's hat. Kits are available in any of our five colors, and all dyes come from plants commonly found in Rwanda.
- Indabo, which means flower, is our orange yarn. It is dyed with Coreopsis flower petals.
- Ikigina is our brown yarn, and means brown. It is dyed with Coreopsis flower petals and a small amount of iron compound.
- Inturusu, which means eucalyptus, is our yellow yarn. It is dyed with eucalyptus leaves.
- Umweru, which means white, is our natural, undyed yarn.
- Dejina, is a deep shade of green. It is dyed with a leafy-green vegetable
- One 8" round loom (red) and one 6" round loom (blue)
- One knitting hook
- One needle
- One sustainable, eco-friendly cotton carrying bag for all your knitting supplies, hand-sewn in Rwanda
- One personalized gift tag
- One KidKnits logo tag, made in Nairobi, Kenya from recycled aluminum cans.
- Instructions needed to complete your KidKnits hat