Rwandan Hat Kit
The yarn included in this KidKnits craft kit is from our partner, True Vineyarn Ministries, and is handspun in Rwanda. The wool is 100% merino sheep's wool, which is a very high quality, soft wool. This yarn is a single-ply yarn and is spun on a drop spindle. Each ball of yarn is 70 yards in length, weighs between 120 and 170 grams, and is sufficient for one adult or child's hat. Kits are available in any of our five colors, and all dyes come from plants commonly found in Rwanda.
- Indabo, which means flower, is our orange yarn. It is dyed with Coreopsis flower petals.
- Ikigina is our brown yarn, and means brown. It is dyed with Coreopsis flower petals and a small amount of iron compound.
- Inturusu, which means eucalyptus, is our yellow yarn. It is dyed with eucalyptus leaves.
- Umweru, which means white, is our natural, undyed yarn.
- Dejina, is a deep shade of green. It is dyed with a leafy-green vegetable
- One 9 1/2" round loom
- One knitting hook
- One needle
- One sustainable, eco-friendly cotton carrying bag for all your knitting supplies, hand-sewn in Rwanda
- One personalized gift tag
- One KidKnits logo tag, made in Nairobi, Kenya from recycled aluminum cans.
- Instructions needed to complete your KidKnits hat