Rwanda "Me and My Doll" Hat Kit
This kit could be just the right Christmas present for those that enjoy their dolls including American Girl Doll. Included in this kit is two looms and two balls of yarn. One loom and ball is exactly the right size for a child's hat. The second loom and matching yarn will be perfect for making a smaller hat for a doll.
The yarn included in this KidKnits craft kit is from our partner, True Vineyard Ministries, and is handspun in Rwanda. The wool is 100% merino sheep's wool, which is a very high quality, soft wool. This yarn is a single-ply yarn and is spun on a drop spindle. One ball of yarn is 70 yards in length, weighs between 120 and 150 grams, and is sufficient for one adult or child's hat. The second included ball of yarn is 35 yards in length, and weighs between 60 and 75 grams, and is sufficient for your doll's hat. Kits are available in any of our five colors, and all dyes come from plants commonly found in Rwanda.
- Indabo ("Flower") is our orange yarn dyed with Coreopsis flower petals.
- Ikigina ("Brown")is our brown yard dyed with Coreopsis flower petals and a small amount of iron compound.
- Inturusu ("Eucalyptus") is our yellow yarn dyed with eucalyptus leaves.
- Umweru ("White") is our natural, undyed yarn.
- Dejina, is a deep shade of green dyed with a leafy-green vegetable.
- One knitting hook
- One needle
- One sustainable, eco-friendly cotton carrying bag for all your knitting supplies, hand-sewn in Rwanda
- One personalized gift tag
- One KidKnits logo tag, made in Nairobi, Kenya from recycled aluminum cans.
- Instructions needed to complete your KidKnits hat