Rwanda Striped Hat Kit
This hat is made using the handspun yarn from True Vineyard Ministries, our partner in Rwanda. It features the standard knit stitch being taught through the KidKnits project in schools across the country. You can select any two colors of the five available colors from True Vineyard Ministries, our partner in Rwanda.
The yarn included in this KidKnits craft kit is from our partner, True Vineyarn Ministries, and is handspun in Rwanda. The wool is 100% merino sheep's wool, which is a very high quality, soft wool. This yarn is a single-ply yarn and is spun on a drop spindle. Each kit contains two balls of yarn, each 35 yards in length. When both balls are used together, the yarn is sufficient to knit one nat. Kits are available in combinations of any of our five colors, and all dyes come from plants commonly found in Rwanda.
- Indabo, which means flower, is our orange yarn. It is dyed with Coreopsis flower petals.
- Ikigina is our brown yarn, and means brown. It is dyed with Coreopsis flower petals and a small amount of iron compound.
- Inturusu, which means eucalyptus, is our yellow yarn. It is dyed with eucalyptus leaves.
- Umweru, which means white, is our natural, undyed yarn.
- Dejina, is a deep shade of green. It is dyed with a leafy-green vegetable
- One 9 1/2" round loom
- One knitting hook
- One needle
- One sustainable, eco-friendly cotton carrying bag for all your knitting supplies, hand-sewn in Rwanda
- One personalized gift tag
- One KidKnits logo tag, made in Nairobi, Kenya from recycled aluminum cans.
- Instructions needed to complete your KidKnits hat